Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's /in/ the comput-er?

Working digitally is something I've avoided, for the most part, while attending Pratt. I don't really know why, most illustrative work I appreciate are digital. However, there really is something to be said for holding a work in progress in your hands, and I feel as though the pencil is one of the greatest tools for thinking.

The tablet, however, is a powerful tool for applying. Suddenly I find my scribbles being able to take further, and clearer, shape due to the power of layers and perfectly flat colors. Thinking dimensionally is easier as well when you're not dealing with a physical surface and barrior constantly reminding you of the 2d plane.

Here are a couple quick noodles and doodles.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! I don't have you linked on my blog, so I'm linking to you.
    Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete